COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd regards customer privacy as an important part of our relationship with our customers. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact the team at email@example.com
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
By signing up with MY BUSINESS DNA, you agree to have you information passed on to, and be contacted by MY BUSINESS DNA representatives in relation to the enquiry you are making. You also acknowledge and understand that MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd is required to share personal information about its clients with the Australian Government and other designated authorities.
The use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information we collect. The only personal information we collect when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form, or when you send us email we will record your email address.
NOTICE TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS
Introduction: Changes to Australia’s privacy law, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), come into effect on 12 March 2014. This notice gives you some information about our policies and practices in relation to personal information and credit-related information. Words defined in the Privacy Act have the same meaning in this notice.
Why we collect personal information: We may collect personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to answer an enquiry from you;
- to provide you with the service you requested;
- to enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and businesses;
- to assess your application and manage your account with us;
- to engage a credit reporting body to conduct a credit and reference check;
- to assess your creditworthiness;
- billing purposes and collection of debts;
- statistical purposes;
- future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
- for research purposes to better improve our website, products or services;
- any other customer support purposes;
- to notify credit providers of a default by you of your agreement with us;
- to deal with complaints; and
- to enforce our rights when you are in breach.
Collection required by law: Collection of some personal information about you may also be required or authorised by or under an Australian law. These laws include:
the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity; the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register.
If you do not provide personal information: The main consequences for you if all or some of the personal information is not collected by us are that we may not be able to provide services to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard. In the case of a credit application, we may not be able to make a decision whether to provide credit to you if you do not give us the information we request.
Collecting information about you from someone else: We may collect personal information about you from someone else, such as from a credit reporting body or another credit provider when we are assessing your credit application or collecting a debt you owe.
Disclosure of personal information: We usually disclose personal information of the kind collected by us to:
- related companies of ours;
- distributors and introducers of our products and services;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers and insurers;
- service providers including mailhouses, printers, call centres, marketing companies, and technology providers;
- government bodies;
- persons who act as your guarantor or who provide security for credit to you;
- debt collectors and assignees of your debts;
- a recognised external dispute resolution scheme of which we are a member; and
- our professional advisors, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants.
Credit reporting bodies: The credit reporting bodies that we are likely to disclose your personal information to are:
Veda – Customer Resolutions
PO Box 964 North Sydney NSW 2059
1300 762 207
Credit reporting policy: Our credit reporting policy includes information about credit reporting, including:
the credit reporting bodies to which we are likely to disclose your credit information; how credit reporting information is used and your rights in relation to credit reporting information; You can request us to provide you with a copy of the policy in an alternative form such as a hard copy.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To maintain your relationship as a customer of MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd;
- To provide the services you have requested from MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd;
- To administer and manage those services;
- As requested by the Australian Government and other designated authorities;
- To answer your inquiry;
- For marketing by email, specials on marketing areas you have shown interest in and only with your explicit prior consent;
- If you have requested to be on our mailing list you may at any time decline any further marketing communications. You may also at any time ask to be removed from our mailing list. You are not added to our mailing list simply by sending us an email enquiry.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases, you can gain access to the personal information that MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd holds about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to check or amend your contact details, contact us. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible.
For all personal information that is transmitted online, MY BUSINESS DNA uses encryption such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol for secure transmission of information and to avoid unauthorised access, use or disclosure of your private and confidential information.
MY BUSINESS DNA Pty Ltd takes all necessary steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server and secured file storage.
MY BUSINESS DNA strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
All our employees and contractors are required to sign agreements with confidentiality clauses to ensure the privacy of our customers.
When you access our website, or a website hosted or operated by us on behalf of a client, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer and greet you each time you visit our website without bothering you with a request to register. It also enables us to keep track of products or services you view so that, if you consent, we can send you news about those products or services.